- Makes : 6, 1-cup servings
The vegetables in this salad are steamed until they are just tender, and then marinated in a vinaigrette dressing. This salad is delicious hot or cold.
- 1 red potato, scrubbed
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen Italian green beans
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and sliced or diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons apple juice concentrate
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon stone-ground or Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Dice potato and steam with carrot over boiling water until just tender, about 10 minutes. Place in a salad bowl.
Steam green beans and cauliflower until just tender, 7 to 8 minutes. Add to salad bowl.
Add bell pepper and parsley.
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegars, oil, lemon juice, apple juice concentrate, garlic, mustard, salt, and black pepper. Pour over vegetables and toss to mix.
Serve immediately or chill before serving.
Per 1-cup serving:
Cal. From Fat31.3%
Saturated Fat0.4 g
Vitamin C39.3 mg
Vitamin E0.7 mg