- Servings : 4
This delicious salad is also a visual feast. The rainbow of color found in this recipe's ingredients provides you with an abundance of nutrients essential for building a strong, healthy immune system.
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 15-ounce can corn, drained, or 1 10-ounce bag frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons distilled or cider vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon or lime
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or finely minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or 1 pinch cayenne pepper
In a large bowl, combine beans, onion, bell peppers, corn, tomatoes, and cilantro, if using.
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegars, lemon or lime juice, garlic, cumin, coriander, and crushed red pepper or cayenne.
Pour over salad and toss gently to mix.
Per serving (1 cup):
Cal. From Fat6.5%
Saturated Fat0.2 g
Vitamin C49.9 mg
Vitamin E0.5 mg
Healthy Eating for Life for to Prevent and Treat Diabetes
Reprinted with permission from PCRM.
Photograph © PCRM.