- Servings : 6 to 8
These exotic-tasting noodles are surprisingly easy to prepare. Soba noodles are made from buckwheat flour and are sold in natural food stores and Asian markets.
- 1 package soba noodles (approximately 8 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped, including tops
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (optional)
Cook the noodles in boiling water according to the package directions. When tender, drain, and rinse.
Mix all the remaining ingredients, then pour over the noodles and toss to mix.
Turn Off the Fat Genes: The Revolutionary Guide to Losing Weight
Reprinted with permission from PCRM.
Photograph © Wanda Embar.