Have fun with this recipe, be creative, use what's fresh in your fridge. Play with the different tastes of fresh spices and herbs. The grated veggies mixed with the tahini, herbs, and minced onions give this recipe the flavor and sensation of bean burritos.
- 1 bunch baby cabbage leaves or leaves of choice
- mixed sprouts, red clover and radish
- 2 medium size beets, grated
- 4 carrots, grated
- 1-2 cups cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 slices purple onion, finely minced
- 1 fresh lemon or key lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup raw tahini
- dash of water
- umeboshi plum vinegar, to taste
- sprinkle of cumin seeds, or caraway seeds, whole or freshly ground
Mix all together except collard leaves and sprouts. Use the leaf as a tortilla and wrap the filling in with some sprouts, roll up like a burrito. I use the green leaf tortilla wrap for any kind of salad I make and they are always so good and different.
Reprinted with permission from Brook and Home Le'amohala of the Optimum Living Alliance.
Photograph © the Optimum Living Alliance.