- Servings : 8
This delicious, creamy pie is so easy to make that I'm sure it will become a favorite all year round.
- Your favorite recipe crumb or pastry crust pre-baked 5 minutes or 1 (9") No-Fat Vanilla Cookie Crumb Crust, pre-baked for 5 minutes. (See: The (Almost) No Fat Holiday Cookbook.)
- 1 lb. reduced-fat, medium-firm, regular tofu
- 3/4 c. white or turbinado sugar
- 1/2 c. lemon juice (preferably fresh, but bottled will do)
- 2 T. cornstarch
- grated zest of 1 large lemon, or 2 tsp. lemon extract
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Combine the filling ingredients together in a blender or food processor until very smooth. Pour this into the crust, and bake for 35 minutes. Cool the pie on a rack, then refrigerate.
Serve plain, with vegan whipped cream.
The (Almost) No Fat Holiday Cookbook
Reprinted with permission from the author, Bryanna Clark Grogan.
Photograph © Bryanna Clark Grogan.