Low-Fat Pasta Salad
- Servings : 6-8
Can't decide on what to bring to the next spring potluck? Consider a pasta salad with enough flavors to keep everyone happy, regardless of whether the guests are vegetarian. This salad is quite colorful and the colors represented here contain a variety of protective, immune-boosting compounds.
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat bowtie or corkscrew pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped into bite-sized pieces1 red onion, diced
- 1 12-ounce can of water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cup cooked cannellini beans
- 2 tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and allow to cool.
Lightly steam the broccoli, until just tender.
In a large bowl, toss together the pasta, broccoli, and remaining ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Allow to marinate in the refrigerator one to two hours before serving. Toss again before serving.
Per serving (1/6 recipe):
Cal. From Fat6.8%
Saturated Fat0.6 g
Vitamin C52 mg
Vitamin E2 mg
Recipe by Food for Life instructor Kay Kitchens.
Reprinted with permission from PCRM.
Photograph © PCRM.